INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Humane Treatment of Animals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Humane Treatment of Animals

Post by TeresaJ on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:24 am

Letter to the community from Gudron Jones, owner of The Ranch
It happened in one instant, but for me it will be an unforgettable moment in time - one that will haunt my heart. Tuesday, May 27, a very pregnant cow was hit by a car and thrown onto the embankment of the south lane just before the Ajijic bypass. Sadly, the driver did not stop. To him or her it was a throw-away life - no need to bother. To us who found her it was disheartening. She had two broken legs and who knows what other injuries. She had no chance of recovery, but her unborn baby did. Everyone at The Ranch is an animal lover and we brought her water, talked to her, and gave her the little comfort we could. Thursday morning the calf was born. It was heartbreaking to see the new Mama trying to take care of her baby. Martin, The Ranch worker, held the baby in front of her so she could clean and nuzzle her newborn calf. Seeing the love she had for that little creature brought tears to my eyes, and tears are accompanying this story. A surrogate mother was found for the baby. I stayed with her, waiting for Dr. Pepe, talking to her and caressing her - listening to her soft mewing, wondering if she was calling to her baby. I did not leave her - even after Dr. Pepe gave her the injection which released her from these earthly bounds. I stayed with her and waited for the light to leave her eyes, asking her to forgive us our shortcomings and trying to understand the imperfection of the human heart. - Gudron Jones

TeresaJ

Back to top Go down

Re: Humane Treatment of Animals

Post by TeresaJ on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:28 am

You are an angel. Thank you for asking me to post this for you so that it might touch people and cause a ripple of humanity toward the animals we were put on this earth to take care of. - TJ

TeresaJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TeresaJ on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Misspelled her name. Is Gudrun.

TeresaJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top