INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

current requirements for bringing in a 2 month old puppy from the US to Mexico

View previous topic View next topic Go down

current requirements for bringing in a 2 month old puppy from the US to Mexico

Post by Sherman on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 am

There's some international health certificate from the USDA (federal level) that can be used for transporting dogs outside of the US. But, from previous experience, my vet from the state in which I was living just completed a State Form which he signed and that's what I used without problem a problem. But, that has been some years ago.

Does anyone know what is current?
Can I use a US vet from any state and have them complete the health certificate for that state to bring the 2 month old dog into Mexico?

For how long is the health certificate good?
I've heard different days .... 10 days, 15 days, 30 days?
I think the vet just needs to include his/her Lic number or other identification,
rabies vac (if applicable)
deworming
defleaed

What else.

Thanks much.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: current requirements for bringing in a 2 month old puppy from the US to Mexico

Post by Flamingo on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:30 pm

You need an International Health Certificate which your Vet should have. Here are the requirements [url= http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/animal_mexico.shtml] http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/animal_mexico.shtml[/url]

I suspect the biggest problem will be the necessity of a Rabies vaccination. It is never given before 12 weeks and 16 weeks is preferable. Better to wait until the puppy is at least 12 weeks old and fully vaccinated.
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

easier driving in to MX

Post by Sherman on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Flamingo wrote:You need an International Health Certificate which your Vet should have. Here are the requirements  [url= http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/animal_mexico.shtml] http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/animal_mexico.shtml[/url]

I suspect the biggest problem will be the necessity of a Rabies vaccination.  It is never given before 12 weeks and 16 weeks is preferable. Better to wait until the puppy is at least 12 weeks old and fully vaccinated.

Thanks for your response.
It appears from other posts that driving into MX is not a problem with a regular health certificate. And, that was the case when I first moved to MX and brought a dog from the US. It appears that has not changed.

The puppy does not need to show a rabies shot. The DOB will be on the health certificate.

I may be a different case when flying in.

Thankx

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: current requirements for bringing in a 2 month old puppy from the US to Mexico

Post by Flamingo on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Absolutely a different case when flying. Again, 12 weeks with a full inoculations is MUCH safer for the health and well-being of the puppy.
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:50 pm

I flew in with a 3 month old puppy. Had a health certificate by a vet in a small town in Texas. No problem...Immigration at GDL knows puppies don't get Rabies.
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top