INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Lakeside Living Orientation

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Lakeside Living Orientation

Post by Jolinda Marshall on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Wow! Thanks so much for these amazing replies. And yes, one of the things that I did love about Lakeside was the friendliness of the people who live there and your helpful attitude is a great example. My friend and husband were tireless and amazing in taking us all over everywhere and being the perfect hosts! The casita was lovely and we had such a good time that now we want to explore it further.
It is through friends like these that the "great people" find their way to your little corner of paradise. And yes, I was warned that May was hot...and indeed more than ever this year, I believe and well into June also. Meanwhile, here outside of San Diego (noted for its great climate) it's like frying eggs on the sidewalk weather, (over 100 F this weekend) and you guys are enjoying under 80s all week. Can't wait to get there again!

Jolinda Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:41 pm

SunshineyDay wrote:Best to experience things first hand. Beware of ulterior motives.
Come and enjoy! Most of the fun is exploring and finding out how things work and where to find things :)

This is the best in-a-nutshell advice you can get. 

I also moved here from No Cal and have never looked back. It's a good life. 

Learn basic Spanish conversation asap, talk to everyone, people are friendly, let us know when you get here. Have fun!
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:08 pm

September is, in my opinion, the very best month to visit, especially mid-September. Independence Day is the 16th, lots of fun stuff happening the week leading up to it including the Regata de Globos which is probably the single most fun event of the year. I believe it's held on the Saturday BEFORE the 16th. Not to be missed!
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks TR for correcting my spelling. :)

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 pm

A lot of whether you freeze or fry in winter or late spring before the rains come can depend on how your house is situated. I moved here from the Caribbean and have 2 fireplaces, neither of which has been turned on in the 7 years I I've lived here. I also don't have A/C and the ceiling fans are enough for me but everyone is different.

Coming from where I did I think most everything is cheaper, even electricity. A lot of people are horrified by Super Lake's prices (local store that sells a lot of imported goods) but shouldn't be. It's probably because most of them have never lived where imported items are needed. If you live in a major metropolitian area now, chances are the store owners don't have to jump through the hoops of customs brokers, etc. to get merchandise here.

How you want to live and where you come from will determine how expensive you think some things are here. CanuckBob made a good point about that.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2