INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Ilox Update

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Ilox Update

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:38 pm

For people who really want or need high speed internet and have the cash to put up front this is as good as it is going to get around here. Take it or leave it. For those of us on leaner budgets who would like faster internet but get along okay as it is this offer is not appealing or possible. I envy people who can afford to help shepherd this service in and wouldn’t miss the pesos if it should fall apart for whatever reason. Depending on the eventual monthly cost I may happily get to the end of the line someday. But, I can not afford a buy in.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:28 am

The bright side to all of this discussion is that TelMex might be bright enough to see the possibility of a break up of their monopoly and start providing something that resembles service...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdytwoshoes on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:35 pm

The owner of the building that houses Sol Mexicano Galeria de Arte (next to Galería Maria di Paola) on Colon, works for Telmex in Guadalajara. His brother was, and most likely still is, responsible for all fiber optics for Telmex in Jalisco. Would be interesting to talk to him about Telmex fiber optics plans in the Lake Chapala area. Both brothers might be retired by now, but would still be aware of Telmex expansion.

Birdytwoshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Wasn't it a month ago that TelMex called and then cancelled at the last minute a meeting to tell Lakesiders all about their fiber plans.

That should tell you something about how serious they are.

SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm

When I was a (very) young man in NY, a few years before I moved to Canada, I developed a technique for seeing Broadway shows that were hits without waiting for two years for ticket sales to settle down. If a show that was out of town got good reviews, I'd buy a pair of tickets as soon as the New York sales opened. This would typically be four to six months before the show opened. And, I would buy them for three months into the run. If the show was a hit, I'd have tickets very early in the run. If it flopped, I'd get my money back. Drove my mother crazy because I'd see the hits before she did (except when I took her).

All of my information says that this ILOX company is legit and reliable, and if things don't work out I will get my money back. It's not US$7,000 they want but P$7,000. And given their reputation it seems like it's not much of a risk. Sure it's a loan in one interpretation, but so were those advance tickets I bought.
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Yesterday at 1:38 pm

Someone on Chapala.com posted "fake news" that you could sign up for Ilox for as little as $5,000.  Turns out that plan is not available in the Lakeside area.  The skinny, according to an attendee at the luncheon where an Ilox person spoke and provided handouts, is this:

Triple Plan 50 - (75 Mbps first year) Total $9708 MXN.
Triple Plan 250 - (300 Mbps first year) Total $14,748 MXN
Double Full Voz y Datos 50 (75 Mbps first year) $7188 MXN,.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Yesterday at 6:02 pm

Are they not just selling a 'data' plan only?  

But at $33 US a month for voice and 75mbps   fiber data I'd probably not complain if they didn't just sell data.  Very Happy

RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Yesterday at 6:24 pm

So, I have my contracts but no payment instructions. Do I send in the contracts first?
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by drudavies Yesterday at 8:55 pm

Yes

drudavies

Back to top Go down