INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Sometimes life sucks

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sometimes life sucks

Post by kipissippi on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Me&BearDog wrote:
kipissippi wrote: What is he?

English Mastiff

Gorgeous. When you get settled you might think about getting him his own dog. Very Happy Take him to one of the shelters and let him pick out the one he likes best. What about a sprinkler or just wetting him down good? Maybe a kiddie swimming pool?

kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Can you crush his pills and put them in the canned food he likes? Or in a can of spam or tuna?
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 pm

So, how's the big guy today? Better I hope.
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:34 pm

E-raq wrote:So, how's the big guy today? Better I hope.

Not good, (I just got back from the Vet)

I had took Barney to the Vet today because for the past 1 ½ his stomach has been swelling up very bad.

The outcome was not good at all, Barney is getting surgery right now to avoid him getting Bloat.

I have to go back at 6:30 tonight to see how he is doing and if he’ll be alright. I’ll let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Me&BearDog wrote:
E-raq wrote:So, how's the big guy today? Better I hope.

Not good, (I just got back from the Vet)

I had took Barney to the Vet today because for the past 1 ½ his stomach has been swelling up very bad.

The outcome was not good at all, Barney is getting surgery right now to avoid him getting Bloat.

I have to go back at 6:30 tonight to see how he is doing and if he’ll be alright. I’ll let you know.

Oh no!!! Good luck to both you and Barney, the poor guy. It's so sad we can't talk to them and give them some reassurance.
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Good luck...sure hope the big boy pulls through.
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm hoping for the best for Barney. Dr. Baron is the best vet down here. He repaired a botched anal sac surgery done by a lakeside vet om my lab. She is 8 years old going on 2. So if anyone can fix Barney it's Dr. Baron.
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Barney has got cirrhosis of the liver. This is why he lost all of the weight. There was 1 liter fluid in his stomach and 8 more liters of fluid was trapped between his stomach and the lining of the stomach.

His liver is 5 times the normal size and a biopsy was sent off to see if we can do anything for him or not. I’ll get the results on Sunday or Monday. They have to keep Barney over night tonight to give him medicine and monitor how he is doing.

I’m very fortunate to be in Mexico right now and have this happen. Barney may be able to live 1 or 2 more years if he does well with treatment and the total cost is $500 (American) This is without the medicine he will need if the disease has not progressed to far.

In America it would not be cost effective to treat this and Barney would have been put down today. I’m sure the bill would have been $2,000 to $3,000 dollars so far if I was in Washington.

I’m hoping he’ll pull through this and be able to enjoy life for awhile longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Bless your hearts! You are in our thoughts and prayers....

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 pm

The best to you and Barney!

Abraham the airedale is 16 and I believe living lakeside (benefitting from the weather and finances) for the last four years has allowed him to live a longer and healthier life than if we were still in the PNW.
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:32 am

Just got back with Barney this morning, he looks better as far as the swelling goes. He’s normal size now and seems happier. There are many medicines he has to take now to help him recover and we still need to get the results in 5 days or more. Right now he can't walk far at all for his recovery and he has to be on a low protein diet.

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 am

So far..so good!!! Got my fingers crossed for him!
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:15 am

[quote="lunateak"]The best to you and Barney!

Abraham the airedale is 16 and I believe living lakeside (benefitting from the weather and finances) for the last four years has allowed him to live a longer and healthier life than if we were still in the PNW. [/quote]

I'm really hoping Barney has several more years, I had been looking forward too at least 5 more years before this. Now the doc says perhaps 1 or 2 more but I can hope he beats those odds being down here.

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Great news! All the best to you and Barney.
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Crossed paws from the Corgi Crew.
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm still holding my breath, Barney has a long way to go. His stomach is leaking bloody fluid from the wound. The doctor says this is normal until we are able to treat the enlarged liver.

That has to wait for 5 or more days to get the test results back. Even then there is a chance that his liver is too damaged to keep Barney alive long.

I am hopeful but it's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:05 am

I have been reading your posts about Barney. Being a dog lover myself with 7 of them, I dread the day (days) that we will have to be in your shoes. Our dogs become our family and what you are going thru is so very hard. I sincerely feel for you! Your devoted love and attention to your dog surely shows what a wonderful person you are. Just wanted to let you know that prayers are being sent up express post for both you and Barney.
In the event that Barney's time runs out sooner than you hope, I hope the post below will help you thru this difficult time.
All the best to you and especially "Barney". Your posts have brought tears to my eyes. Keep us posted, we'll be watching.

JUST THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN IS A PLACE CALLED RAINBOW BRIDGE

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown..

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 am

Barney is still stable but has a hard time getting up and walking. He is eating some can and dry dog food a few times a day & a few bits at a time. He now has some swelling from the surgery on his boy parts but I think that will happen. His incision in about 18 inches long and I found out last night it is meant to drain, they left a small part open for this.

Barney slept in the same place all night that is good but not normal for him. I’m happy he did though, the more rest the better for him. I took him out to pee today and after about 40 steps he wanted to go back inside the house, he was done anyway.

Poor boy is only a shadow of what he was only 12 weeks ago but I’m happy he’s still here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rella on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

How is Barney doing?

Rella

Humor : definately

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 am

[quote="Rella"]How is Barney doing? [/quote]

Sorry for not updating,

Barney continues to improve a little but then other things happen. He is eating on 12oz can to 2 12oz can of food a day, not enough to keep him healthy. We give him vitamins to supplement.

He is now starting to have bile form (build up to much) in his stomach again, so in the mornings he gets sick and vomits.

His mood is good and he smiles a lot and plays with Poncho but that’s how he always is.

I still have to wait 1 or 2 more days to get the results on his liver. At times his pee is the color of cola and a few times it’s yellow (as it should be). He still sleeps a lot and walks slow both signs of his liver not doing so well.

I still have hopes for him though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rella on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks for the update! I would keep on hoping for him too....sending prayers his way!!

Please let us know when you get the results back.

Rella

Humor : definately

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:20 pm

[quote="Rella"]Thanks for the update! I would keep on hoping for him too....sending prayers his way!!

Please let us know when you get the results back.[/quote]

I will & thanks for the Prayers.

Back to top Go down

Very bad news about Barney.

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 pm

We got the test results from the Vet today for Barney, not good. Barney has cancer of the liver called Hemangiosarcoma

http://caninecancerawareness.org/canine-cancer-diagnosis/hemangiosarcoma

Barney only has a month or two before he must be put to sleep. :-(

I have to take him every 8 days to get his liver function tested and a blood test to see if it’s time or not.

This sucks, I had lost my other dog Brenda Sue only 7 months ago.

Poncho will be such a sad puppy dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:00 pm

I am sorry for your pup's diagnosis.
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So sorry

Post by barbicheesecake on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:25 pm

So, so sorry to hear about your precious doggie. I had my Lucy (cat) for 21 years, brought her down from the States & had to put her down last year. I pray that your doggie does not suffer.
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

http://barbiescheesecake.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:16 am

very sorry to hear, its so hard to see them this way. Just cherish the time you have and give him lots of hugs.
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top