INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Showing Dogs in Mexico

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showing Dogs in Mexico

Post by myyuppypuppy on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:43 am

I am an incredibly active Havanese Breeder(even won Westminster this year :o)), considering retiring to area... but still want the ability to show my dogs.... anyone have any experience with this in Mexico? I know the dogs can get dual registered so that is not the problem... More interested in where to find show info, location, times, dates, judges and etc... Info on titles and etc.
Janet

myyuppypuppy

http://www.myyuppypuppy.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Dogs in Mexico

Post by mattoleriver on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm

The FCM website might be a place to start.
I've asked a few questions on this and TOB with few and limited responses. My interests lean toward performance sports and I get no responses at all about them.  
Congrats on Westminster and all that it takes to even get there!
George
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow, Congratulations at Westminster!  

As the poster above already mentioned the Federacion Canofila Mexicana is the best most reputable dog show in Mexico.  They even have shows out here...the last at Tobolandia in San Antonio Tlayacapan that we went to a few months ago.  My puppy's father is a grand champion in his breed so we went to see if he was showing that day.  There are a couple of expats that show and one that is a judge.

and only 45 yo! Love it!

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zdogs on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Karen Doyle, who lives here, shows and judges all over Mexico. She's the person you need to talk to. I'll ask her if I can give out her contact info and if she's OK with it, I'll PM you.

zdogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 pm

There is a BIG show in Mexico City mid-September at the World Trade Center. Look on the FCM website. (It's in Spanish....click on "eventos" for a list of shows.) There are also shows in Guadalajara frequently, and throughout the rest of the country.

A woman in Chapala shows her Havanese, and she sometimes judges the breed in the US. The person mentioned above can put you in contact with her, or if you send me your contact info by private message, I will pass it on to her so she can contact you. I'm sure she'd be interested in speaking with you.

FCM Website:

Federación Canófila Mexicana
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top